Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Model of the Moment

"It is difficult to define what sexy is. Each person has his own look and their own sexiness. Someone might not be sexy in their looks but sexy in their character and with their communication. It is different from person to person." Ricky Tang


Okay, I'm answering Susie Q's question as to who my model of the moment is, and I'm saying it's Ricky Tang.
He began modelling in 2007, and now he's on the top of my rather exhaustive list of favourite male models.

"Five things I can't live without? Family, my partnership, friends, my iPod, and sports" is what he says. BTW, in case you've heard about a model called Jeremy Tang : that's his cybertwin.


During a Paris shoot last year, Ricky encountered a very challenging shoot concept, "The photographer asked me to jump for the photo and I did it for 3 hours. After that I could not walk anymore because my muscles were quite sore the next day."
Since I love food, guess what, we share the same passion "I love prawns. Whenever I go to a seafood buffet, my friends are amazed that I can eat up to 4 plates of prawns and keep on eating even though everyone else finished."
As an experienced model, Ricky knows that there are no shortcuts in Modeling, Ricky shares some pieces of advise for new models, "Models should always try to understand what the photographer wants to achieve and show the respective feeling with the pose. They have to take care of their looks and body because this is their livelihood, even when it means to take a diet. Most importantly is not to be shy with the camera"

2 comments:

Susie Q said...

H'm, but from what I heard there was quite a stir in 2005 in Gangtok when a certain Tang didn't leave somebody's side for a week... or was it a longer association?

Boy Shakira said...

Oh, la la la ... la la la... how could I have missed this post?
I seem to remember someone in Lucknow in 2004, mentioning a certain sighting : when somebody was spotted with a long legged piece of eye-candy named Qasim ... in close proximity... for 3 days [and presumably evenings], that's what they say in the land of the nawabs ....