Sunday, February 12, 2006

Hello Again, Neil Diamond



I just stayed up late, long past my bed-time, to watch Oprah Winfrey's Prime Time on STAR World just for one reason: it featured that absolutely astounding and amazing singer-composer, one whom I fell in love with the first time I ever heard his voice on a 33 and a third rpm vinyl disc entitled 'Gold'... the man who wrote Sweet Caroline, Song Sung blue... and one of the most romantic songs ever written , 'Play Me'.
I'm talking about Neil Diamond, and I'm an unsahamed and incorrigible fan. I have hummed his songs since the age of fourteen, even tried to get a bit of the gravel into it as puberty made my vocal chords go wonky.
There he was, not like the photograph in this blog, but 25 years years older, and the voice is as magical as ever. His new album is called '12 songs' and though I know I'll never lay hands on it in Patna, Bihar... somebody out there please take the hint and BUy the CD for me... hee..hee...
Neil has a song for every mood... for every situation.. my own theme song is 'Forever in Blue Jeans':
Money Talks - but it don't sing and dance
and it don't walk ... and i'd rather be... forever in blue jeans....

2 comments:

Ajit Chouhan said...

He happens to be one of my fav too...

allenbhai said...

holy holy eyes
dream of only you
whewre i am
there you are

allenbhai