Friday, February 10, 2006

Back on the road again


And so I went out of circulation.

A sort of chattus interruptus, as my access to the internet became restricted.

And then, it happened...
What I thought was a bad case of viral fever turned out to be
pneumonia... a pretty awful case of fluid in the breathing apparatus

And that took me to hospital
put me on my back, literally.
and forced me to take a long look upward
and outward, and a little bit inward as well.

Sometimes, it's necessary to be forced to lie down
to be shown that the world will still go on turning without you
a little sluggishly perhaps, but it turns nevertheless.

I spent the past ten days
enjoying the comforts of a clean, well-lit, and caring facility
far more fortunate than the thousands of other people in this country
who have no access to even the very basic of medical care
another day in paradise for me...
and a reason to give thanks and praise.

3 comments:

Ajit Chouhan said...

Hey Frank ,hope u r doing well now.Would love to hear more from u.

Ajit Chouhan said...

Don't forget to check my cool bihari blog.We are group of NRB's (Non resident bihari's.Do join us.

allenbhai said...

dear francois
dija cath zhe cold or did da cold ketch you?

allenbhai patnawalla