Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Be my valentine?


Sigh!

There was a time... 1986... when you couldn't find a single valentine's day card
in the average Indian city card store
I remember we would make do with 'all occasion cards'
to send our cute li'll love notes to our' significant others' and casual flings alike.
The first valentine's day party I organised in Patna
was when i just landed in fresh from Sikkim
it was at a place called Jugheads run by a handsome bachelor boy from Shillong
I was doing two columns in the Times of India, which had just about started
setting about 'inventing' valentine's day in the city.
Well, in 2006, i must say that at least two of the couples who turned
up at my party are now [hopefully] happily married and
have bonnie little kids to prove it

As for me... I'm currently unattached
Not alone or lonely at all, just happy living a single, carefree life
And i wish everybody who visits here
that someday, sometime they feel the love
of another human being... man, woman, boy, girl... what does it matter
as long as
you can feel the lOVE tonight....

No comments: