Friday, June 27, 2014

A natural thing...

The month of June draws to a close.
Half the year has slipped by and I wonder, have I been moving around in someone else's coma?

Amidst the writer's block and sheer indolence, I find myself up to my eyeballs in missed deadlines.

And yet, June stares at me through the slats of my bedroom window.

Sun and rain... the met office has a field day mixing up its weather report

The rain adds to the sludge and the filthy water in the pot-holed lane outside.
The sun beats down and hot steam, heatstroke, and conspire with the air-conditioner to bring you irrationally high electricity bills...

Outside, my friends will be protesting and holding up placards.
Section 377 must go, they say....

'But I see a bad moon rising'... the one I wake up to every morning says
A blood moon....

Somebody whispered... does the Indian Gay community want their rights
so bad that they are willing to die and go to jail for it?
Or will the movement dwindle when the NGO funds dry up if the homophobic dispensation decides 'gay rights activism' is 'anti-national activity'?

But I will go out wearing my 'NO to 377' T-shirt anyway.... I tell my partner

Why? Do really I need to explain?

Because it is the natural thing

Because  it is but natural to wake up beside you every day of my life


Because  it is but natural to  share our breakfast in bed

Because it is but natural to do the laundry, shop for food, and choose wedding gifts for the girl next door...

Because it is natural to love someone as beautiful as you

It's the law that is unnatural, twisted, and an aberration ...

But what we have is the most natural, wonderful, enabling, empowering thing in creation.

And nobody's got the right  to tell me to be ashamed about it, not any longer...  not any more...

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!


 

No comments: