Monday, January 02, 2006

baby year boogie



It’s that time again.

The rock that we are on has finished yet another circle around the sun
And what we call the New Year is here… a second later than the last.

On a rooftop in rural Delhi, deafened with the sound of Bhangra pop, the new year was ushered in by a group of panting, prancing, wildly gesticulating, screaming,. over-brimming with testosterone creatures aged sixteen to twenty seven to the sounds of BRAZIL and Vengaboys…. While I had in my minds eye memories of a blazing bonfire on a dark December night, friends holding hands as we sang AULD LANG SYNE….

Let Auld Acquaintance be forgot and never brought to Mind….

So, 2006 Anno Domini or as we mumble in our politically correct fashion CE (common era) has crept in on baby steps…thankfully 2005 didn’t leave us shaken and stirred like its predecessor….

Now for my new year resolutions…. In 2006 I firmly resolve to

Listen to at least five hours of radio on my brand new Worldspace Radio

Show off my newly bought booties from KK Lee in Khan Market .. Kenneth and Richard Lee have one of the friendliest places where you can lay your hands on genuine hand-crafted leather goods, and made to your specifications… my last pair of cowboy boots bought in 2000 lasted for over five years and are still comfy.

Preen around with a diamond in my ear… YES! I finally got it pierced

And definitely sometime in 2006, I’m gonna go in for a tattoo… where??? Haven’t decided yet. Any ideas???

Now those are resolutions I won’t have any trouble keeping… also I’m not going to stint on chocolates, cookies from Wengers, smoked bacon, and chilled beer.

Cheers!!!!!

No comments: