Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Grit and guts


Bihar, they say, is in the news for all the wrong reasons.

Well, if you watch the 24 hour news channels all you've got to watch is the wrong news.

Bihar has never failed to fascinate me by the sheer grit and guts of its people.

Bihar is like its proletarian foodstuff - the litti.

Plain, no-nonsense, packed with punch, and down-to-earth.

Of course, you can dress it up in ghee and serve it with fine chicken curry and on a bed of pudina sauce...

but for all that .. it's still plain solid and sensible... and rustic

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.