Thursday, April 06, 2006

Enlightenment in Bodh Gaya

I'm in the place where Siddartha took his first baby steps towards nirvana
and that's not the name of a rock band.
I have been doing an HIV/AIDs and street play programme with
the unseen children who inhabit the railway platforms
and I am humbled, stunned, and at times shell-shocked
at how all of us are responsible for the loss of childhood in these kids
There is so much to share....
and yet, somehow, these fingers of mine hesitate to strike the pads on the
keyboard....
I'll keep it touch later....
bye....

1 comment:

allenbhai said...

A TEACHER’S DREAM
I dreamt I was in a studio
And watched two sculptors there,
The clay they used was a young child's mind
And they fashioned it with care.
One was a teacher, the tools she used were Books and Music and Art,
One was a parent with a guiding hand
And a gentle loving heart.
And when at last there work was done
They were proud of what they had wrought
For the things they had worked into the child
Could never be bought or sold.
And each agreed that she would have failed
If she had worked alone
For behind the parent stood the school
and behind the teacher stood the school.